What documents do I need for green card interview?
|Document Type||Examples of Acceptable Documents|
|Proof of pending marriage-based green card application||Receipt notice (Form I-797C, or “Notice of Action”)|
|Additional proof of identity||Two 2-inch-by-2-inch passport-style photos*|
What do I need to bring to my immigration interview?
Bring the following documents to the appointment:
- Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card;
- Appointment notice; and.
- A second form of identification (driver’s license, passport, or state identification card). Your second form of identification must have your photograph on it.
How do I organize my documents for Uscis interview?
Organize these documents before going to the interview. Use binders and tabs and label your documents. Having all of your documents organized makes a good impression on the officer and makes it easy for you to find documents when the officer is asking you for specific items. Be prepared to talk about your relationship.
How do I prepare for my Green Card interview?
Green Card Interview Tips
- Be honest and open. Think of the interview as an opportunity to give the officer a window into your life as a couple, not as an obligation to portray the ideal marriage. …
- Speak your mind. Some interviewing officers will ask very personal questions. …
- Practice, practice, practice. …
- Have fun!
Can I wear jeans to immigration interview?
It’s not necessary to dress formally for your U.S. citizenship interview and test. You may dress comfortably but look professional. “Business casual” is a good rule of thumb. Avoid wearing jeans, shorts and t-shirts.
Do you need original birth certificate for green card interview?
You are not required to file an original birth certificate, but USCIS officers sometimes request to see the original at the time of your USCIS interview. If you have only one original, certified copy of your birth certificate it is generally a good idea not to file it.
Can USCIS approve green card without interview?
It appears that USCIS is approving more green card applications without an interview. That is a great development indeed. In addition, it appears that other types of immigration applications are being processed quicker than usual.
Can I-485 without interview?
Interviews can be waived for the following employment-based I-485 cases: You are still employed by the petitioner who submitted the approved employment-based visa petition. You were approved as an alien of extraordinary ability or alien of exceptional ability and you are otherwise qualified for a green card.
What questions do they ask you in an immigration interview?
Officers can ask a vast range of questions, but here are some examples:
- How, where, and when did you meet your spouse?
- Where did your first date take place?
- How long did were you with your spouse before getting married?
- When and where were you married?
- Did you go on a honeymoon? …
- What is your spouse’s current job?