Can I carry wallet to US Consulate?
15 minutes before your scheduled appointment is good enough.
Do not carry a bag, purse, luggage, mobile phone, any electronic gadgets, liquids, food items, sharp objects, weapons, and bottles. You won’t be allowed to enter with any of the above-mentioned items inside the U.S Consulate.
What can you not bring to the US embassy interview?
The following items are not allowed in the Embassy during your interview:
- Mobile phones.
- Electronic personal digital assistants.
- Audio or video recording devices.
- Laptop computers.
- Portable music players.
- Travel bags.
What should I bring for US visa interview?
You must bring the following documents to the interview:
- Appointment Letter – The interview appointment letter you received from NVC.
- Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
Can you take a bag into the US embassy?
Large bags/suitcases (above cabin baggage size) and laptops cannot be admitted to the Embassy. Other items that cannot be brought into the building include perfume and cologne (above 30ml), weapons and glass bottles.
Can I bring my phone to the US embassy?
For security reasons, visa applicants and American Citizen Services customers are not allowed to bring any luggage, bags, cell phones, other electronic devices, or any items that are not relevant to your business with us (with the exception of one small purse, backpack, briefcase or items to care for babies).
What do I need to bring to my B2 visa interview?
Compile your B2 Visa document file
- Valid passport.
- A photograph that complies with the requirements and guidelines.
- Form DS-160 confirmation page and code.
- Receipt of paid visa fees.
- Interview confirmation page.
- A letter which describes the purpose of your trip.
- Proof of financial means. …
- Ties to your home country.
How can I pass my visa interview?
The tips below are intended to help you prepare for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate in your home country.
- Ties to Home Country. …
- English. …
- Speak for Yourself. …
- Know the Program and How it Fits Your Career Plans. …
- Be Concise. …
- Supplemental Documentation. …
- Not All Countries Are Equal. …
What should I wear for US visa interview?
Here’s what a Visa Officer Said about “How to Dress for the U.S. Visa Interview.” There’s no dress code whatsoever. Try not to dress too formal (it’s uncomfortable and unnecessary). Just make sure your clothes are clean and tidy and you’ll do fine.
How can I impress a US visa officer?
US Visa Interview: Tips to make a Favourable Impression
- Language. …
- Positive Attitude. …
- Look and Act the Part. …
- Proving Ties to Family and India. …
- Know your Program. …
- Give Precise Answers. …
- Complete Documents. …
- Do NOT mention Hopes of Employment in the US.
How Long Does US visa interview take?
The interview itself can take as little as 20 minutes.
How long is the wait for a US visa interview?
On average, waiting times for an appointment are around two to three weeks – under normal conditions.