Is it hard to get spouse visa in Japan?
It is the most difficult document to obtain in the while procedure and once you have it, the rest should be very straight forward. Please note that obtaining such document can take up to 3 months so you really need to take that into account before thinking of applying for the spouse visa.
How do I get a spouse visa for Japan?
Requirements and application process
- Completed application form.
- One photograph (4 cm long × 3 cm wide)
- Family register of the Japanese national, stating that they are married to you (issued within the past 3 months)
- Marriage certificate issued by an institution in your home country.
How long does it take to get a visa for a spouse?
Spouse Visa Processing Time
Visa processing usually takes around 3-5 months. If you are a permanent resident, you must wait for a visa to become available for your spouse, based on their priority date. This can vary depending on the spouse’s home country, but the typical time is around 24 months.
How long does Japan visa approval take?
The processing period for visa issuance is approximately 5 working days from the day after the date of the acceptance of application as long as there are no particular problems with the content of the application. It may take less time than it depending on the Embassy/Consulate General and the purpose of visit.
How long does it take to get married in Japan?
The male partner must be 18 years of age or older and the female partner must be 16 years of age or older. A person who is under 20 years of age cannot get married in Japan without the approval of one of the parents. A woman cannot get married within six months of the dissolution of her previous marriage.
Can you get married in Japan with tourist visa?
Japanese law requires all foreigners who marry in Japan to first prepare a sworn Affidavit of Competency to Marry, affirming they are legally free to marry, from their own country’s embassy or consulate in Japan. This is a notarial service. You will need to make an appointment.
How long does spouse visa renewal take?
The processing time for a spouse visa renewal takes about 3 months. You can also opt for a much faster decision, which is the super priority service. With this service, your spouse visa renewal application can be processed within 24 hours with an additional cost of £610.
How can a Filipino get a spouse visa in Japan?
- Duly accomplished application form.
- Valid Passport – Original and one (1) copy.
- Residence Card or visa in Japan – Original and one (1) copy.
- DFA authenticated PSA issued Birth Certificate – Original and one (1) copy.
- DFA authenticated PSA issued Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) – Original and one (1) copy.
What are the formalities for spouse visa?
- Passport & travel history.
- Background documentation.
- Spouse/partner documentation including marriage certificate.
- Other proof of relationship.
- Income proof of sponsor to show adequate finances.
- Completed application & consulate fees.
Can a spouse visa be denied?
It’s uncommon for U.S. immigration authorities to deny a case outright. If you are married to a non-citizen of the United States, and your husband or wife was refused an immigrant visa or green card that the two of you applied for based on that marriage, you are probably shocked and upset.
How long does spouse visa take 2021?
Average time — Seven to 32 months (as of early 2021) for approval of the Form I-130, and additional time depending on individual circumstances. Summary of the Process — The U.S. citizen starts the process by filing a Form I-130 with USCIS, either online or by mail.
Is fiance or spouse visa faster?
Application Process and Timeline for Fiancé(e) and Spousal Visa. If your main goal is to get to the U.S. as quickly as possible, then the fiancé(e) visa is likely the fastest option. But if your goal is to get an actual green card as soon as possible, then a marriage-based visa will be quicker.